Location: The Village at Gainesville, Tower Club Ballroom
8000 NW 27h Blvd
When: May 17, 2018
Event: 8:00am - 3:30pm
Where: The Village of Gainesville, Tower Club
North Florida Regional Medical Center and The Village of Gainesville present the 9th Annual Geriatric Symposium for Healthcare Professionals. Our speakers will cover a variety of geriatric themed topics.
- The symposium offers 6 CEUs for Nursing, Social Work, Nursing Home Administrator, Pharmacy, Respiratory Therapy, Dietetics and Nutrition, Occupational Therapy, and Clinical Lab. (Submission will be made for CEUs for Physical Therapy and are dependent on board approval) Partial CEU’s are not provided.
- Continental breakfast and lunch included in your registration.
- The cost for the program is $30.00. No refunds. Transfers to another registrant is permitted.
- Registration is open through Monday, May 14, 2018 5:00 pm. on eventbrite.com.
This year’s presentation and speakers:
- Let's Have a "Heart to Heart" About Heart Failure by Aubrey Hall, ARNP-BC
- Understanding Capacity Assessment in Older Adults: Tips for Healthcare Providers by Courtney Stahl, PsyD
- COPD: Learn More, Breathe Better by Abid Khokar, MD and Will Winkler, RRT
- "Stop the Madness" Transitions of Care in Geriatric Patients by Andrea Koff, PharmD, BCGP
- Advanced Diagnosis and Management of Sleep Apnea by Jeffrey Phillips, MD
- Hyperbaric Medicine, Goldilocks and Wound Care by Matthew Ellis, MD